Bacon Jalapeño Popcorn
It’s a little bit spicy, a little bit meaty, and packed with flavor!
Yield: Serves 4
8 cups popped popcorn, hot
4 slices bacon, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat skillet over medium-low heat; cook bacon for 5 to 8 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate to drain. Wipe pan with paper towel.
- Add butter, jalapeños and salt to pan; cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 inutes or until jalapeños are very tender.
- In large bowl, toss together hot popped popcorn, bacon, jalapeños, and Parmesan, if using.
- Substitute butter with olive oil or a small amount of the bacon fat
- Omit 1 jalapeño pepper for less spice.