Lemon Blueberry Popcorn
This eye-catching popcorn is prepared with freeze-dried blueberry powder, dried blueberries and accented with layers of lemon flavor for a snack mix that tastes as good as it looks.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 8 cups popcorn
- 1/2 chopped dried blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp freeze-dried blueberry powder
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract or 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Add popcorn and dried blueberries to large bowl.
- Combine sugar and 1 tbsp water in a small saucepan set over medium heat; bring to a boil. Cook swirling pan for 3 to 5 minutes or sugar melts and starts to caramelize to an even golden-brown color. Stir in butter; cook for 1 to 2 minutes on and off the stove being careful not to burn the sugar and letting the residual heat cook the butter, until caramel thickens to a syrupy consistency.
- Stir in blueberry powder, lemon zest and lemon extract.
- Immediately drizzle lemon-blueberry syrup while still hot off the stove over popcorn; toss to evenly coat. Cool completely and serve.
Tip: Add candied lemon zest to popcorn if desired.