Adobo and Roasted Peanut Popcorn
The tastes of the southwest make this popcorn recipe one you'll keep coming back to.
Yield: 4 quarts
- 4 quarts unbuttered and unsalted popcorn (air popped)
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from one 7-ounce can chipotle chilies in adobo sauce; reserve chilies for other use) OR 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (or foil sprayed with cooking spray). Spread popcorn and peanuts onto prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg white, sugar, adobo sauce and salt until foamy. Pour over popcorn and toss to coat evenly.
- Bake 20 minutes, stirring once midway through baking time. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
1.5 g total fat
0 g saturated fat
0 mg cholesterol
50 mg sodium
8 g carbohydrates
1 g fiber
2 g sugar
2 g protein
44 mg potassium