Apple Popcorn Brittle
A sweet and unique treat the kids will love!
Yield: About 7 cups
- 1 quart popped popcorn
- 2 cups apple and cinnamon flavored cereal
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, toss together popped popcorn, cereal and peanuts. Set aside. Butter sides of a heavy 2 quart saucepan.
- In saucepan, combine apple juice, sugar, corn syrup, vinegar and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil.
- Cook to hard ball stage (250 degrees Fahrenheit on a candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat. Pour syrup over popcorn-cereal-peanut mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread in a buttered 15 1/2 by 10 1/2 by 1-inch baking pan. Cool until hardened.
- Break into pieces.