Caramel-Nut Popcorn Crunch
Take your caramel game up a notch with almond goodness!
Yield: 20 pieces
- 10 cups freshly popped popcorn
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray 15 x 10 baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Mix popcorn and almonds in large bowl. Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in medium saucepan.
- Over low heat, stir mixture until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to high and boil 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, almond extract and baking soda.
- Pour over popcorn and almonds, immediately stirring gently to coat.
- Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour in preheated oven. Cool completely.
- Break into pieces and store in airtight container.