Caramel Pecan Corn
Pecans add another layer to this classic caramel corn recipe.
- 10 cups freshly popped popcorn
- 2 cups pecans pieces
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 15 x 10 baking sheet with non-stick spray. Mix popcorn and pecans in large bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in medium saucepan. Over low heat, stir mixture until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract and baking soda.
- Pour over popcorn and pecans, immediately stirring gently to coat. Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour in preheated oven. Cool completely. Break into pieces and store in airtight container.
21 g total fat
6 g saturated fat
20 mg cholesterol
120 mg sodium
30 g carbohydrates
24 g sugar
2 g protein
86 mg potassium