Down Home BBQ Popcorn
Smoky BBQ flavor and Cajun seasonings will have you reaching for more of this delicious down home popcorn!
Yield: 8 cups
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup clarified butter (helps prevent sogginess; may use regular melted butter)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Combine brown sugar, Cajun seasoning mix, garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter. Cool slightly, then pour off the clear melted butter layer into a small bowl. Discard the opaque milky solids that remain behind.
- Stir the liquid smoke into the butter.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl, and drizzle it with butter mixture. Toss to coat the popcorn well.
- Sprinkle sugar-seasoning mixture over popcorn and toss to distribute evenly.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Liquid smoke can be found with the barbecue sauces/condiments section of large grocery stores.
9 g total fat
4.5 g saturated fat
15 mg cholesterol
25 mg sodium
8 g carbohydrates
1 g fiber
3 g sugar
1 g protein, mg potassium