Enjoy a more healthful version of cheesy popcorn that will still deliver delicious taste without packing on additional pounds.
Yield: 10 Cups
- 2 tablespoons garlic flavored or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon melted butter, optional
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (found at health food stores, adds a cheese-like flavor without the calories or fat)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, optional
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot (with a lid), place oil and about 3 popcorn kernels.
- Heat over medium-high heat until a kernel pops. Add remaining popcorn; cover.
- Once corn begins to pop, shake pot constantly over heat.
- When popping slows, remove pot from heat and transfer popcorn to a serving bowl.
- Pour butter over popcorn, if desired, and toss.
- Sprinkle yeast and curry powder, if desired, over popcorn and toss to distribute evenly.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
3 g total fat
0 g saturated fat
0 mg cholesterol
1 mg sodium
11 g carbohydrates
3 g fiber
0 g sugar
2 g protein
13 mg potassium