Coconut Popcorn Snowballs
Popcorn plays with peppermint and coconut for some wintertime fun and flavor!
Yield: 8 (4-inch) balls
- 2 cups shredded or flaked sweetened coconut
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon coconut or vanilla extract
- 8 candy canes or candy cane sticks, about 3-4 inches
- Place a large sheet of wax (or parchment) paper over a work surface. Spread coconut onto paper.
- Spray a large mixing bowl lightly with cooking spray and place popcorn inside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in marshmallows and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over popcorn and mix well until coated.
- Spray hands with cooking spray and press firmly to form into balls. Place balls on coconut and roll and press coconut to coat. While holding popcorn ball, gently press a candy cane into each ball.
- Serve immediately or wrap individually in plastic wrap for storage.
17 g total fat
12 g saturated fat
15 mg cholesterol
130 mg sodium
48 g carbohydrates
2 g fiber
30 g sugar
2 g protein
110 mg potassium