Cinnamon Maple Popcorn Crunch
Here's a twist on a classic, sweet and crunchy snack – with maximum flavor from kisses of warm cinnamon and maple.
Yield: 12 cups
- 12 cups unsalted, unbuttered popped popcorn
- 1/3 cup chopped unsalted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped unsalted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped unsalted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In large mixing bowl, combine popcorn, almonds, cashews and pecans.
- In saucepan, combine butter, sugar, maple syrup, brown rice syrup, 1/4 cup water, salt and cinnamon; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook until mixture reaches hard crack stage (295° Fahrenheit).
- Slowly pour syrup in thin stream over popcorn mixture. Toss gently to coat evenly. Let cool; break into large chunks.
Add dried fruit, such as cranberries or mangoes, if desired.
16 g total fat
6 g saturated fat
20 mg cholesterol
270 mg sodium
28 g carbohydrates
2 g fiber
18 g sugar
3 g protein
175 mg potassium