Cranberry Popcorn Balls
Any holiday party will be bright and shiny when you serve these cranberry popcorn balls.
Yield: 18 balls
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce, slightly mashed
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 quarts unsalted popped popcorn
- Combine all ingredients, except popcorn, in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat and cook to 250 degrees Fahrenheit on a candy thermometer.
- Mixture will bubble up in pan, so watch to keep from boiling over.
- Pour slowly onto hot popcorn and mix until well-coated.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until mixture can easily be formed into balls.
- Butter hands and form into 3-inch balls.
2.5 g total fat
0 g saturated fat
0 mg cholesterol
70 mg sodium
42 g carbohydrates
1 g fiber
36 g sugar
1 g protein
26 mg potassium