Ginger Sesame Popcorn Brittle
Sesame and ginger create a unique, crunchy combo that's impossible to resist!
Yield: 2 pounds
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds, optional
- 1/2 cup finely diced candied ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Lightly butter a sheet pan or jelly roll pan; set aside.
- Spray a large metal bowl with cooking spray and place the popcorn inside.
- Measure all ingredients and have ready before cooking.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in corn syrup and sugar until blended.
- Attach a candy thermometer to saucepan and cook, stirring often, until mixture registers 290 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove pan from heat.
- Working quickly, stir in sesame seeds, candied ginger, vanilla and salt until blended.
- Pour sugar mixture over popcorn and stir to coat thoroughly.
- Pour mixture out onto prepared pan and spread into single layer.
- Allow to cool completely before breaking into chunks.
- Store in an airtight container
9 g total fat
4 g saturated fat
15 mg cholesterol
90 mg sodium
49 g carbohydrates
1 g fiber
46 g sugar
1 g protein
12 mg potassium