Harvest Munch (Monster Munch)
Sweet and salty, this Halloween-inspired party snack mix is perfect for munching while watching scary movies (insert evil laugh here).
Yield: 12 servings
- 8 cups air-popped or stove-top popcorn
- 4 cups mini pretzel twists
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups mini chocolate peanut butter cups
- 1 cup candy corn
- Toss popcorn with pretzel sticks; spread out on large parchment paper–lined baking sheet; set aside.
- In saucepan set over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup; cook, swirling pan, for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown sugar dissolves and mixture is bubbling.
- Stir in marshmallows and salt; cook for 30 to 60 seconds or until marshmallows are melted. Pour evenly over popcorn mixture. Sprinkle with mini chocolate peanut butter cups and candy corn. Let cool completely and break into clusters.
Add edible googly eyes – and call it Monster Munch!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes