Holiday Wreath Popcorn Treats
These lovely popcorn wreaths will make everything merry and bright!
Yield: Serves 8 (5-inch wreaths)
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons (1/2 of a 3-ounce box) lime gelatin dessert mix
- Decorations: small red candies, jellybeans, red fruit leather, etc.
- Spray a large mixing bowl lightly with cooking spray and place popcorn inside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in marshmallows and gelatin dessert powder until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over popcorn and mix well until coated.
- Spray hands with cooking spray and press firmly to form into 9-inch logs and then bend to form ‘wreaths’.
- Place ‘wreaths’ on wax paper. Press candy decorations onto wreath to decorate; add a ‘ribbon’ cut from fruit leather. Serve immediately or wrap individually in plastic wrap for storage. Add a ribbon tie to plastic wrap as a decorative closure.
Soak saucepan before cleaning.