Key Lime Popcorn Clusters
A taste of the tropics makes this key lime popcorn just a little tart and a just a little sweet. Perfection!
Yield: about 32 clusters
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 4 whole graham crackers, finely chopped
- 1 jar (7 1/2 ounces) marshmallow crème
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon key lime (or traditional lime) juice
- Line 9-inch square pan with foil.
- Combine popcorn and all but 2 tablespoon of graham cracker pieces in large bowl.
- Microwave marshmallow crème and butter in large glass bowl on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir until butter is melted. Stir in lime peel and lime juice.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn, mixing thoroughly.
- Using damp hand, firmly press mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with reserved 2 tablespoons graham cracker pieces. Refrigerate 2 hours until firm.
- Lift foil from pan. Break popcorn mixture into clusters.