Maple Bacon Popcorn Mix
Maple and bacon pair perfectly with popcorn for this partytime favorite!
Yield: 2 Quarts
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line jellyroll pan with foil. Place wire rack in pan. Arrange bacon in single layer on rack. Bake 15 minutes until ends of bacon start to curl.
- Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings. Brush bacon with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup; bake 15 minutes until browned. Cool then coarsely chop bacon.
- Combine popcorn, pecans and cranberries in large bowl.
- Combine butter, black pepper, maple extract, remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup and reserved bacon drippings. Cook over low heat until butter is melted. Drizzle over popcorn mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Spread popcorn mixture in jellyroll or roasting pan.
- Bake 5 minutes. Toss in bacon pieces. Serve warm.
16 g total fat
4.5 g saturated fat
15 mg cholesterol
140 mg sodium
20 g carbohydrates
2 g fiber
13 g sugar
4 g protein
80 mg potassium