On the Go-ji Berry Trail Mix
Rich dark chocolate and tart goji berries add a yin-yang flavor twist to this energy-filled snack mix, fueling you at work or out on the trails.
Yield: 12 cups
- 1 cup each unsalted almonds and cashews
- 8 cups unsalted, unbuttered popped popcorn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/2 cup dried goji berries
- Preheat oven to 300° Fahrenheit. Toast almonds and cashews on large, rimmed baking sheet for 10 minutes; let cool.
- Line same baking sheet with parchment paper; spread popcorn onto baking sheet.
- In small saucepan set over medium heat, melt butter, honey, dark chocolate and salt, stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle over popcorn; toss gently.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes or until popcorn is dry; let cool.
- Toss popcorn mixture with almonds, cashews, apples and goji berries.
17 g total fat
4 g saturated fat
5 mg cholesterol
130 mg sodium
22 g carbohydrates
3 g fiber
11 g sugar
6 g protein
165 mg potassium