Pop-a-rif-ic Popcorn Balls
Classic popcorn ball recipe uses marshmallow for an easy treat the kids will love!
Yield: 14 balls
- 3 quarts popped popcorn, unsalted
- 1 (1-pound) package marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Place popped popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a large saucepan, cook marshmallows and butter or margarine over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Pour over popcorn, tossing gently to mix well. Cool 5 minutes.
- Butter hands well and form
- 2 1/2 inch balls. Makes about 14 balls.
- to color the popcorn balls, add a few drops of food coloring to the smooth marshmallow mixture.
- Mix well to distribute color evenly, then pour over popcorn as instructed.