Pop-a-rif-ic Popcorn Balls
Classic popcorn ball recipe uses marshmallow for an easy treat the kids will love!
Yield: 14 balls
- 3 quarts popped popcorn, unsalted
- 1 (1-pound) package marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Place popped popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a large saucepan, cook marshmallows and butter or margarine over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Pour over popcorn, tossing gently to mix well. Cool 5 minutes.
- Butter hands well and form 2 1/2 inch balls. Makes about 14 balls.
- To color the popcorn balls, add a few drops of food coloring to the smooth marshmallow mixture. Mix well to distribute color evenly, then pour over popcorn as instructed.
- Mix in candies, nuts or dried fruit after mixing popcorn and melted marshmallows mixture. Stir to distribute, then form into balls.
- Place nonpareils in a shallow bowl or plate. Roll popcorn balls in nonpareils after forming.
Per 1 cup
5g total fat
2.5 g saturated fat
10 mg cholesterol
50 mg sodium
30 g carbohydrates
1 g fiber
19 g sugar
1 g protein
18 mg potassium