Madras Curry Coconut Popcorn
This unique take on popcorn brings a souteast Asian flair when you want to mix it up!
Yield: about 10 cups
- 10 cups popped popcorn, unpopped kernels removed
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon madras curry powder (mild curry powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Place popcorn, coconut and sliced almonds in a large bowl; set aside.
- Heat butter, sugar and honey in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir mixture until it begins to boil. Boil 2 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat and stir in curry powder, baking soda and salt (mixture will foam).
- Pour butter mixture over popcorn mixture and stir until evenly coated. Pour popcorn mixture onto a large, rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan. Bake 30 minutes, stirring twice during baking time.
- Cool mixture completely; break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
15 g total fat
8 g saturated fat
25 mg cholesterol
270 mg sodium
2 g fiber
19 g sugar
2 g protein
81 mg potassium