Popcorn provides added fiber and flavor to this delicious salad.
Yield: 8 cups
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, including greens
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- lettuce leaves
- Place popcorn in extra large bowl.
- Sauté bacon until crispy, then drain on paper towels. Chop or crumble bacon and reserve.
- Mix together mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine celery, carrot, bell pepper and green onions in medium bowl.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to vegetables. Mix thoroughly.
- Immediately before serving, add mayonnaise mixture, bacon and cheese to popcorn in bowl. Toss very gently to just combine. Do not over mix.
- Serve on lettuce leaves. If desired, garnish with extra shredded cheese and chopped bacon.
This salad doesn’t hold up long, so mix at the last minute and serve immediately.