Power Packed Popcorn Sports Bars
Grab and go goodness makes these popcorn sports bars the perfect choice for an after-workout snack.
Yield: 12 bars (3 X 2-inch)
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup roasted soy nuts (or shelled sunflower seeds)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 13x9-inch pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray; set aside. Place popcorn, almonds, coconut, apricots, cranberries and soy nuts in a large bowl; set aside, In a small saucepan, heat butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla and salt over medium heat.
- Stir to blend and bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly; pour over popcorn mixture.
- Stir to blend all ingredients and pour into foil-lined pan.
- With damp hands, press mixture lightly and evenly into pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool in pan at least 3 hours before cutting into rectangles to serve.
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
Per 1 cup:
9 g total fat
3.5 g saturated fat
10 mg cholesterol
140 mg sodium
34 g carbohydrates
2 g fiber
3 g sugar
3 g protein
187 mg potassium