Strawberry Popcorn Bars
Sweet strawberry jam and chocolate come together with popcorn for a perfect summer dessert.
Yield: 24 bars
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg white
- 1 (10 ounces) jar strawberry preserves
- 1 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan; set aside.
- Process flour and confectioners’ sugar in food processor several seconds.
- Add butter and process until dough comes together.
- Press mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Lightly brush egg white on top of the mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Immediately spread preserves evenly over warm crust.
- Press popcorn into preserves; let cool.
- Melt chocolate chips in small zip lock freezer bag.
- Heat in microwave 30 seconds, or until melted.
- Snip corner of bag and drizzle chocolate over cooled popcorn.
- Cool and cut into bars.