Sweet and Salty Popcorn Party Mix
Can't decide between sweet or salty. Now you don't have to. Popcorn to the rescue!
Yield: 14 cups
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups miniature pretzel twists (or another small pretzel shape)
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup peanuts
- 2 cups rice, wheat or corn cereal squares
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Place popcorn, pretzels, pecans, peanuts and cereal in a very large bowl; set aside.
- Heat butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan. Stir mixture over medium heat until it begins to boil. Boil 3 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda (mixture will foam).
- Pour syrup over popcorn mixture in bowl and stir until evenly coated. Pour mixture onto a large, rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan. Bake 30 minutes, stirring twice during baking time. Stir mixture a few times as it cools on baking sheet. Store in an airtight container.