Truffle oil, parmesan, and black pepper give this popcorn a sophisticated, elegant taste that's perfect for parties.
Yield: 10 cups
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons white truffle oil, divided (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot (with a lid), place olive oil and 1 tablespoon truffle oil. Add about 3 popcorn kernels.
- Heat over medium-high heat until a kernel pops. Add remaining popcorn; cover.
- Once corn begins to pop, shake pot constantly over heat.
- When popping slows, remove pot from heat and transfer popcorn to a large serving bowl.
- Melt butter and mix in the 2 teaspoons truffle oil. Pour mixture over popcorn, and toss.
- Sprinkle cheese, salt and pepper over popcorn and toss to distribute evenly.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Per 1 cup:
4.5 g total fat
1.5 g saturated fat
5 mg cholesterol
150 mg sodium
7 g carbohydrates
1 g fiber
0 g sugar
2 g protein
2 mg potassium