Witchy Popcorn Balls
Kid's will have a ball creating these witchy delights!
Yield: 8 (4-inch) popcorn balls
- 16 chocolate wafer cookies
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter or
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons (1/2 of a 3-ounce box)
- lime gelatin dessert mix
- Green food color, optional
- 8 chocolate ice cream cones
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Orange sugar sprinkles, placed in a
- small dish
- Jelly beans, candy corn, licorice string
- Spread a sheet of wax (or parchment) paper over a work surface and place the wafer cookies on it.
- Spray a large mixing bowl with cooking spray and place popcorn inside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in marshmallows and gelatin dessert powder until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. If desired, adjust color with a drop or 2 of food color. Pour over popcorn and mix well until coated.
- Spray hands with cooking spray and press !rmly to form into 8 balls. Place balls on 8 of the wafer cookies. Press candy decorations into popcorn balls to form eyes, nose and mouth.
- Place chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and heat for 10 seconds. Stir chocolate to aid melting. Repeat as needed until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon melted chocolate onto the top of each popcorn ball. Press a few licorice strings into chocolate to form ‘hair’.
- Dip cone edges into melted chocolate and then into orange sugar sprinkles. Place on remaining wafer cookies to form witches hat. Place hats onto popcorn balls. Allow chocolate to set for about 45 minutes before serving.
- Serve or seal individually in plastic wrap for storage.
Per 1 cup:
23 g total fat
12 g saturated fat
35 mg cholesterol
210 mg sodium
70 g carbohydrates
2 g fiber
48 g sugar
7 g protein
281 mg potassium