Cinnamon Popcorn Crunch
Cinnamon adds a perfect note of spice in this sweet treat.
Yield: 4 1/2 quarts
- 3 quarts popped popcorn, unsalted
- 1 can (6 1/2 ounce) salted mixed nuts
- 1 pound light brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix popcorn and nuts in large buttered bowl.
- Combine sugar, syrup, butter or margarine, water, salt and cinnamon in saucepan.
- Heat slowly to the boiling point, stirring until sugar melts.
- Cook to hard crack stage (290-295 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Pour syrup in a fine stream over popcorn and nuts.
- Stir until popcorn and nuts are evenly coated with syrup.
- Spread out on large buttered surface or waxed paper.
- Separate into bite-size portions with forks. Cool.
12 g total fat
4.5 g saturated fat
15 mg cholesterol
340 mg sodium
45 g carbohydrates
1 g fiber
40 g sugar
3 g protein
79 mg potassium