Peanut Butter and Chocolate Hazelnut Popcorn Macaroon
Peanut butter and hazelnut come together with popcorn to make macaroon perfection you'll want to share!
Yield: About 18 cookies (1 1/2 inches)
- 6 cups popped popcorn, unpopped kernels removed
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 4 cups mini marshmallows (or 40 regular)
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in peanut butter and cinnamon (if desired) until butter is melted and mixture is blended. Stir marshmallows into mixture until melted and well blended.
- Pour over popcorn and stir until evenly coated. With buttered hands, shape popcorn into about 18 small popcorn balls (1 1/2inches); place onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Flatten each ball slightly. With a serrated bread knife, carefully cut each cookie in half horizontally. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of hazelnut spread onto cut side of one half. Top with 2nd half; repeat with remaining popcorn balls.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
9 g total fat
4.5 g saturated fat
5 mg cholesterol
60 mg sodium
17 g carbohydrates
1 g fiber
11 g sugar
2 g protein
79 mg potassium