Coconut Monkey Mix
Coconut and banana chips make this popcorn mix a tropical treat!
Yield: 7 cups
- 1 cup flaked coconut (unsweetened or sweetened)
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1 cup dried banana chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread coconut in a 13x9-inch baking pan, breaking up any clumps as needed.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges of coconut begin to brown.
- Spread popcorn over coconut and sprinkle with melted butter; toss.
- Sprinkle popcorn mixture with sugar, salt and nutmeg; toss.
- Bake 5 minutes longer and toss with banana chips.
- Serve immediately or cool and store in an airtight container.
10 g total fat
8 g saturated fat
5 mg cholesterol
90 mg sodium
17 g carbohydrates
3 g fiber
9 g sugar
1 g protein
115 mg potassium