Crunchy Popcorn Trail Mix
Easy. Healthy. Stay on the trail with the sustained goodness of popcorn, nuts, and dried fruit.
Yield: 9 cups
- 5 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups whole grain oat cereal
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup peanuts (or other nuts)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 6 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Stir together popcorn, cereal, raisins and nuts in large microwavable bowl; set aside.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in small saucepan.
- Heat until boiling; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over popcorn mixture, stirring to coat evenly.
- Microwave 3-4 minutes, stirring and scrapping bowl after each minute.
- Spread onto greased cookie sheet; cool.
- Break into pieces and store in airtight container.