Get the kiddos in the Halloween spirit with this fun kitchen project!
Yield: 12 Cups
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine melted
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Several drops orange food coloring
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- Assorted decorations for “eyes” and “mouths”
- Place popcorn in large bowl; spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In large saucepan, combine butter, confectioner sugar, marshmallows and water. Stir until mixture is melted and blended. Add pumpkin pie spice and food coloring, mixing well.
- Pour mixture over popcorn, stirring until well coated. Add pumpkin seeds; stir to coat.
- Shape 1/4 cup of mixture into oval. Add decorations to look like “pumpkin heads”.
Per 1 cup:
7 g total fat
2 g saturated fat
5 mg cholesterol
25 mg sodium
24 g carbohydrates
1 g fiber
18 g sugar
2 g protein
58 mg potassium