Minty Green Popcorn Clusters
Everyone will be dancing a jig after one delicious bite of these minty green candy crunch clusters.
Yield: 32 Clusters
- 12 cups unsalted, unbuttered popped popcorn
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter or light olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon green food coloring
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup green candy-coated chocolate candies
- Place popcorn in large mixing bowl.
- In saucepan set over medium heat, melt marshmallows, butter and salt, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in food coloring and peppermint extract.
- Immediately toss marshmallow mixture with popcorn; let cool for 2 to 3 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Toss with chocolate candies.
- Shape 3 tablespoonfuls of popcorn mixture into small cluster; repeat with remaining popcorn mixture to make about 32 clusters. Place on waxed paper–lined baking sheet; let cool completely.
Food coloring can be found in the baking aisle of the supermarket or grocery store.
6 g total fat
3 g saturated fat
5 mg cholesterol
100 mg sodium
23 g carbohydrates
1 g fiber
16 g sugar
1 g protein
48 mg potassium