Cocoa and coffee come together to make this popcorn recipe sweet and surprising!
Yield: About 6 quarts
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/3 unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder or instant coffee granules
- 1 cup milk
- 6 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Place popcorn in a large bowl that has been sprayed with cooking spray; set aside.
- Line a baking sheet or work surface with waxed paper or foil.
- Stir sugar, cocoa, instant coffee and milk together in a large saucepan.
- Cook until mixture registers 250 degrees Fahrenheit on a candy thermometer, stirring occasionally.
- Pour hot mixture over popcorn; stir to coat popcorn completely.
- Spread popcorn onto prepared surface and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Break into pieces to serve. Store in an airtight container.
2.5 g total fat
0.5 g saturated fat
0 mg cholesterol
5 mg sodium
32 g carbohydrates
1 g fiber
27 g sugar
1 g protein
51 mg potassium