Classic Italian cookies just got crunchier and more delicious!
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 3 eggs 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour, plus more for shaping
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup raisins, currants or chopped, dried apricots, optional
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray two baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
- Beat eggs and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Stir flour mixture thoroughly into egg mixture.
- Stir in popcorn and raisins, if desired. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Spread a little flour on a work surface.
- Turn dough out onto work surface and divide into 3 equal pieces.
- Sprinkle flour over dough as needed to prevent sticking and roll each piece of dough into a log about 8 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- Transfer logs to baking sheets, allowing space between for spreading.
- Bake 30 minutes and remove from oven (do not turn off oven.) Allow cookie logs to cool about 5 minutes and transfer to cutting surface.
- Cut logs diagonally into 1/2-inch slices.
- Place cookies back on baking sheets in a single layer. Return cookies to oven and bake 20 minutes, turning cookies over after 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on racks and store in an air-tight container.
Per 1 cup:
1 g total fat
0 g saturated fat
15 mg cholestrol
50 mg sodium
11 g carbohydrates
0 g fiber
6 g sugar
1 g protein
14 mg potassium