Popcorn Party Cake
Your kiddos will love this fun and easy-to-make party cake.
Yield: 10 slices
- 4 quarts plain popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup peanuts
- 3/4 cup gum drops or gummi candies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup small sugar-coated candies (M&M’s, Smartees, etc.)
- Assorted lollipops
- In a large bowl that has been sprayed with cooking spray, place popcorn, peanuts and gum drops; set aside.
- Lightly spray a bundt pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat butter, corn syrup and brown sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour hot syrup over popcorn mixture and quickly stir to coat thoroughly.
- Add small candies and quickly stir just until evenly distributed.
- Spoon into bundt pan; gently pushing mixture into pan.
- Cover pan lightly and allow to cool at room temperature 4 hours or longer.
- Invert cake onto serving platter.
- Push lollipops into top of cake before serving.
Per 1 cup:
23 g total fat
10 g saturated fat
25 mg cholesterol
135 mg sodium
76 g carbohyrdrates
2 g fiber
55 g sugar
5 g protein
152 mg potassium