Red Hot Poppers
Red hot cinnamons give this patriotic popcorn its punch.
Yield: About 24 balls
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cups red hot cinnamon flavored candies
- red and blue confection stars
- red licorice string
- Spread a large sheet of plastic wrap onto a work surface and spray within cooking spray.
- Spray a large mixing bowl lightly with cooking spray and place popcorn inside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in marshmallows until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over popcorn, adding red hot candies, and mix well until coated.
- Spray hands with cooking spray and form mixture into 24 balls. Gently press red and blue stars onto balls. Place a piece of licorice string on top of each ball.
Per 1 cup:
3 g total fat
1.5 g saturated fat
5 mg cholesterol
20 mg sodium
12 g carbohydrates
0 g fiber
7 g sugar
0 g protein
10 mg potassium