Spooky Popcorn Cake Pops
Adorable popcorn cake pops will be the hit of any kid's party!
Yield: 18 pops
- 5 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 (11.5 ounce) store-bought pound cake
- 3/4 cup canned vanilla frosting
- 8 ounces candy melts (assorted colors) for coating*
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 18 lollipop sticks
- Decorations for cake pops: miniature chocolate chips, blue and red food gel, miniature chewy chocolate candies, food safe markers
- Styrofoam block
- Process popcorn in food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Crumble cake into large bowl. Add popcorn and frosting, stirring with fork until mixture is evenly moistened.
- Form mixture evenly into 18 balls. For Ghosts, roll into an elongated triangle creating a distinct head and body.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet; freeze 20 minutes.
- Melt candy melts according to package directions. If using white, stir in vegetable oil. Color as desired using candy color.
- Remove popcorn cake balls from freezer. Dip tips of lollipop sticks into candy melts; insert no more than halfway into center of balls. Let sit 3 minutes until set.
- Dip one ball into melted candy melts to cover completely. Gently tap stick against side of bowl so excess melts drips off. Immediately decorate as desired (candy melts harden quickly). **
- Poke sticks into Styrofoam block to dry completely.
May use 8 oz. white candy melts with oil based candy color to achieve desired color (purple for One Eyed Purple Monster; orange for Pumpkin)
To Decorate: Use white candy melts for ghost (pumpkins/orange, one-eyed purple monsters/purple); miniature chocolate chips for eyes and mouth; shape small piece of chewy chocolate candy for pumpkin stem and attach with candy melt; spread melted white candy melts in center of ball to create monster eye, use blue gel for iris, red gel for veins.
Per 1 cup:
8 g total fat
1.5 g saturated fat
10 mg cholesterol
50 mg sodium
23 g carbohydrates
0 g fiber
19 g sugar
1 g protein
5 mg potassium