Thai Peanut and Popcorn Crusted Chicken
Dinner just got more interesting with flavors of Thailand informing this popcorn crusted main course.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 (1 3/4 pounds) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
For the Thai Peanut Sauce:
- Mix 3 tablespoons peanut butter, 3 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce in a small bowl until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Process popcorn in a blender or food processor until ground.
- Pour ground popcorn into a shallow dish; stir in peanuts and set aside.
- In another shallow dish, whisk egg, soy sauce, garlic and hot pepper sauce until blended; set aside. Heat oil in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip chicken breasts first in egg mixture and then in popcorn mixture until well coated.
- Place in skillet and brown on both sides; about 3 minutes per side.
- Place skillet in oven 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with Thai Peanut sauce.
Per 1 cup:
33 g total fat
6 g saturated fat
155 mg cholesterol
780 mg sodium
3 g fiber
15 g sugar
51 g protein
613 mg potassium