Lime Pickle Popcorn Snack Mix
If you're looking for a surprisingly tasty, tangy take on popcorn, this is your recipe.
Yield: About 2 1/2 quarts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle brine or white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- In a 6-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add mustard seeds: cover and cook about 1-2 minutes or just until the seeds stop popping (be careful not to burn seeds).
- Reduce heat and stir in lime juice, pickle brine, pepper, salt, turmeric and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in popcorn until well coated.
- Serve immediately or spread popcorn mixture on sheets of foil to cool. Store in an airtight container.
4 g total fat
0.5 g saturated fat
0 mg cholesterol
115 mg sodium
6 g carbohydrates
1 g fiber
0 g sugar
1 g protein
27 mg potassium