Tropical Fruit and Nut Popcorn Bars
Popcorn joins with peanut butter and dried tropical fruits for a sweet treat that is loaded with fiber and energy.
Yield: 32 bars
- 1 cup honey
- 1 1/3 cups peanut butter
- 1 (6 ounce) bag tropical dried fruit bits
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with foil.
- Spray foil lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat honey in a large saucepan until boiling.
- Stir in peanut butter until well blended.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in fruit bits, almonds and popcorn until coated.
- Scoop and press mixture evenly into prepare pan.
- Refrigerate until cool. Cut into bars to serve.
Per 1 cup:
7 g total fat
1.5 g saturated fat
17 mg cholesterol
55 mg sodium
17 g carbohydrates
1 g fiber
13 g sugar
3 g protein
88 mg potassium