Chocolate Popcorn Reindeer
These festive holiday popcorn balls are a great project for kids as they create their own red-nosed, sleigh-pulling team!
Yield: 8 servings
- 8 cups unsalted, unbuttered popped popcorn
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or light olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 pretzel sticks
- 16 eyeball candies
- 8 red candy-coated chocolate candies
- Place popcorn in large mixing bowl.
- In saucepan set over medium heat, heat marshmallows, chocolate, butter and salt, stirring often, until smooth. Toss marshmallow mixture with popcorn until well combined.
- Scoop 3/4 cup popcorn mixture into ball. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 8 balls. Place each ball in paper muffin cup liner.
- Insert pretzel stick on each side of ball to resemble antlers, stick two eyeball candies on for “eyes” and red candy for “nose.” Let cool completely.
Eyeball candies can be found in the baking aisle of your local supermarket or bulk food stores.
10 g total fat
5 g saturated fat
10 mg cholesterol
125 mg sodium
28 g carbohydrates
1 g fiber
16 g sugar
2 g protein
21 mg potassium