Coconut-Ginger Popcorn Truffles
Coconut and ginger are a flavor match made in heaven. Add popcorn for sheer perfection!
Yield: 3 dozen truffles
- 5 cups air-popped popcorn
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
- 3 tablespoons candied ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or butter
- Place popcorn in large bowl.
- Place marshmallows and coconut oil or butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until melted; remove from heat.
- Stir in shredded coconut and candied ginger. Mix well. Pour over popcorn and mix again.
- Spray hands with nonstick cooking spray, then scoop up one tablespoon of popcorn mixture.
- Roll mixture with hands to form a ball. Place ball on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.
- Repeat to make 36 balls.
- Place chocolate in small, microwavesafe bowl. Heat in microwave on HIGH for one minute, until melted. If not completely melted, microwave for another 15 seconds and stir again.
- Stir 1 teaspoon coconut oil into melted chocolate.
- Place chocolate in zipper-style plastic bag and seal. Snip off a tiny corner of bag.
- Pipe chocolate on popcorn balls in a decorative pattern.
- Garnish with extra shredded coconut and extra minced candied ginger if desired.
- Place truffles in a cool place until chocolate is set.
4 g total fat
3 g saturated fat
0 mg cholesterol
10 mg sodium
13 g carbohydrates
9 g sugar
1 g protein
39 mg potassium